Sunday, July 26, 2015

Finally, It's July 22 !!!!

After the terrible mental journey of the past 7 weeks, I finally get to see Dr. Joyce!!!

Am I fat enough?
Is my BMI high enough?
Do I have enough Co-morbidities to qualify?

Here we go!

The nurse takes me back and it begins.  I get a height measurement.  5'10 1/4".
Then I get put on this super fancy scale.  278.4 pounds.  Uh Oh.
But wait.....BMI is 40.  Woo Hoo!  First hurdle is met.
I am now starting to see that this might just be possible.

Dr. Joyce comes in.  He's a very gentle spoken man.  He looks over my stats and asks me the general questions like "How long have you been battling your weight" and "What ways have you tried to lose weight".  I ask a few questions based on what I had researched and pinned on Pintrest.  I also inform him that I have a Hiatal Hernia.  He says "Well, we can fix that when we do your sleeve."

Wait, what?  Did he say "When"?

 So, I ask him "So I qualify?"  He smiles and says "Yes".  Let the wash of relief pour over me!!!!!!

My new journey begins!  I was told that my insurance requires a 3 month medically supervised weight loss program before I can have surgery and that Dr. Joyce's office will handle that.  He said "Don't worry, these next 3 months will just fly by."  I'm not sure about "flying by" but now I finally have something to look forward to.  Let's do this thing! I have two weeks until my first meeting for the weight-loss plan.  No more worrying.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment