Sunday, January 31, 2016

5 1/2 weeks Post-Surgery


I had my 3 week follow up with the doctor on January 15, 2016.  I was down 21 pounds since surgery and 28 pounds from my heaviest weight.  The doctor said I was doing well.  (He's not very talkative). After my appointment I had about a 20 minute gap to fill before my post-surgery class so I just did laps in the hallway to get some steps in.  The class was pretty good.  I learned a few things but also knew a bit because I have been doing all kinds of research since I made the surgery decision.

A big plus was knowing I can now take the orientation class to use the hospital weight room free of charge.  So I set that all up.  I am kinda excited about that since I can go in three days a week and do strength training there and then use my treadmill or bike at home and it doesn't cost me anything.  I am learning from my youngest daughter that anything you can get for free you should get.

As for eating, it is still a struggle.  What I mean by that is I have a lot of head hunger, especially during my PMS week.  I suffer from an extra special type of PMS called PMDD.  So when my head hunger wants something it screams and yells like a little child.  I have been able to somewhat subdue it with No Sugar Added Hot Chocolate and Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding. I say somewhat because I have given in and had a Reese's Christmas Tree or Two or a donut at work.  I'm very thankful for the sleeve because it doesn't allow me to over do anything. One of the best decisions of my life.

My protein intake is going very well, just on real food.  Once in a while I will have a protein shake but I have found it to not be necessary for the protein.  I pack P3 snacks and cheese sticks in my cooler for lunch and have my veggies at home.  Again, No Regrets!!!

My stats for weight as of this morning:  I am down 34 pounds!!!!  WooHoo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment